Week 29, Meal 3: Grilled chicken tossed in pistachio and herb salsa verde over arugula salad with roasted beets, goat cheese and lemon vinaigrette
(Yield: 2 servings)
12 oz. chicken breast, butterflied
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1/2 T tarragon, chopped
1/2 T parsley, chopped
1/2 T chives, thinly sliced
1/4 c pistachios, chopped
1 T olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
1 T vegetable or grapeseed oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss beets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a small roasting pan, with enough water in the pan to cover the bottom of it. Cover the pan with foil and roast the beets for 30-40 minutes, until easily pierced with a pairing knife.
Remove from the oven and, using paper towels, rub the outer skin and stem off. Cut beet pieces into wedges.
2. In a Magic Bullet or blender, mix the lemon juice and oil to make the vinaigrette. Reserve.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, shallot, tarragon, parsley, chives, pistachios and olive oil. Reserve.
4. Preheat your grill to high. When ready to grill, cook chicken until cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. When chicken is cooked through, slice into strips and toss with the salsa verde. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix the arugula and beets in a bowl and dress with vinaigrette.
To plate: Lay the greens out thin over the whole plate, as opposed to a mound in the middle. Disperse the beets evenly. Top with half of the chicken and sprinkle each salad with 1/2 oz. of goat cheese.